Artichoke Spinach Dip
Let me draw your attention to the boat shaped dish in the middle of this photograph. Inside resides the most delicious dip you have ever tasted. It is so good, I could eat it for weeks straight. Unfortunately, it never lasts that long. Enjoy this Artichoke Spinach Dip!
Artichoke Spinach Dip (“Family Circle”)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pkg cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large skillet, melt butter over med heat. Add the onion and saute until golden. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in the spinach, artichoke hearts, creams cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheddar, the parmesan and the spices.
2. Place the mixture in an ovenproof 2 qt dish and top with the remaining cheddar. Bake for 10 min. Serve with raw vegetables and crackers.