I don’t know why, but I assume that cooking good quality food has to be complicated… and so hard that half of your kitchen has exploded and you’ve singed off your eyebrows by the time your done. Well, my friends, it doesn’t have to be that way! This recipe, which I’ve adapted from “Woman’s Day” is about as easy and clean as it gets. I think this is even easier to make than Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And, it’s good too! Like, really good.
Italian Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 small drumsticks
- 4 red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large bell peppers, cut into 3/4 in wedges, mine was yellow
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2 in slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olives, halved (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar to drizzle on at the end.
1. Preheat the oven to 500F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Spread meat and veggies onto the pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Roast 15 min. Remove from the oven, toss, and roast another 15 min, or until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender.
4. Remove from the oven. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olives.
I have written this post three times now, but every time, my computer dies or fails in one way or another. So, I’ve given up on the stories and anecdotes. This is good. Make it and eat it.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over toasted slices of baguette.